Welcome to EMRDA!
Ethiopian Muslims Relief and Development Association (EMRDA) was established in the year 1994 as NGO and legally re-registered with Charities and Societies Agency in 2009 with the objective of preventing abject poverty and unemployment through participation and sustainable integrated development. Over the past 18 years, it has been implementing multidimensional development Programs and made significant contribution to the overall poverty reduction effort of the country. Read more
To see equally developed, transformed and poverty free society.
To improve the livelihood of the poor and marginalized communities through participatory approach by providing access to basic education, Skill Training, SRH-HIV/AIDS services, improving Food Security and environmental protection, Capacitating women & youth in Ethiopia.
EMRDA’s overall objective is to be a strong integrated development organization in the fight against poverty for a better livelihood particularly in rural and pastoral areas
Program Intervention areas Read more
- Basic formal and non formal education (ABE)
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) care and support
- Community skills training (VT)
- Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH/HIV/AIDS ) prevention (Youth focused )
- Women’s Empowerment
- Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) capacity building
- Income Generating Activities(IGA)
- Small scale water development ( WaSH)
- Food Security
Making a difference in partnership !!